amore's mansion

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Current Project



My current project is a crocheted stole.
The yarn is Patons Fairytale baby soft. I got it half price in Hammonds sale. I love the colours, combined with the pattern, it has a really watery look.
It is my first project in crochet, and I'm just under half way through.

I usually knit, designing my own bags. I love colours and textures. Hello Mango goes to the same knitting group as me and she introduced me to needle felting. I have fell in love with the technique. Its a very eye catching way of adding colour and interest to a single colour knitted bag. I always like to line the bags I make, preferably using a vibrant lush fabric that links with the needle felting or main colour of the bag. I like to line because it makes the bag look more professional and it also stops the bag from stretching when in use. From experience I have also found that lining/backing the strap stops it from getting longer and longer! I'll upload some photos of bags I have made next time.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 pm, Blogger susoolu said…

    And you do the most beautiful needle felting too!

    And your cat is a beauty - though a strange taste in bedding.

     
  • At 9:09 pm, Blogger hellomango said…

    You do lovely needle felting! Really pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home