amore's mansion

Thursday, August 17, 2006

I was wanting to post yesterday but I was absolutely shattered.

I've just started to help out at a cafe run by a friend, on a Wednesday and Sunday. What a day! I love my friend very much but working with her has proved to be quite difficult for both of us. I was quite weepy by the end of the day.

We had a frank chat though and we have agreed that I will have defined tasks and shortened hours. I think I have a very low opinion of myself, based on the things I struggle with. I seem to ignore/forget the things I am really good at, and base my feelings about myself on my failures/difficulties.

Anyway, enough of my navel gazing.

I want to show a picture of a bag I made a couple of moths ago. Its knitted in Irish Moss stitch with an aran weight yarn. I then used needle felting to make a decorative panel for the front of the bag, and also several smaller motifs for the strap. I lined the bag with a shiny purple/blue fabric and attached a chunky see-through plastic zip. I love using it as it holds lots for going on a day out, my favourite pass time.




I was thinking of going out for the day tomorrow, on the MoorsBus. But I think the weather is going to be a bit inclement :O( .

I went on holiday to Kirbymoorside a few weeks ago and had a great time. I loved visiting Thornton Le Dale, I spent a happy few hours there paddling in the trout stream by the thatched cottage, it's so idyllic. I am going to that area again though in September, I've booked to stay in a little village called Sinnington, between Kirbymoorside and Pickering.

I'll most probably end up doing jobs in the house.......boring! I blame my creative nature on my lack of house cleaning desire, there are always far more interesting things to do, and it always gets dirty again anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger hellomango said…

    I so love that bag! The zip is just gorgeous as well!

    Well done on starting at your friend's cafe, and it is great that you can be comfortable enough to sort out your differences. It isn't easy working with a friend as the boundaries can become slightly blurred can't they?

     
  • At 11:20 am, Blogger RoxyK said…

    Love the bag - very pretty colour!

    You have the same view on housecleaning that I do.....yes there is always far more interesting stuff to do than dust and clean ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home