amore's mansion

Monday, August 28, 2006

I decided I needed a short break from the stole, so I have started a project I've been thinking about for quite a while.

Its knitting with carrier bags!

I usually dont reuse carrier bags because I forget to take them with me when I go shopping. Although I sometimes use them for lining waste paper bins, many end up being thrown away.

One day I read in a book a suggestion of cutting a carrier bag into one long strip, and then knotting several strips together to make a ball of "yarn", for knitting. I thought this would be something I'd like to try sometime, and the idea was filed away in the recesses of my memory for several months.

I am using 8mm needles and about 1" thick strips. Initially I tried 1 row knit 1 row purl, but it seemed a bit gappy. So I tried all knit, which gives a nice even texture.






Can you guess which supermarkets bags I've used?

Im really please with the way it's knitting up. I am going to make a bag, with small handles.

Yesterday I went to Bridlington...








The weather was gorgeous, and I had a great time. I got the train and then walked to Sewerby Hall to see the Roman re-enactment and a classic car rally. Apparently there was going to be a jazz band aswell, but I never saw them.

I love going to Brid, I find it relaxing. Maybe because I've been there so many times it feels familiar and comforting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home