amore's mansion

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Completed Projects!!

Hi there again,

My camera is recharged and bursting with pics...

First up is a pair of crochet socks with a folded cuff and button detail.
I used town and country sock yarn, but as the pattern required 150g I did the inside of the cuff in plain burgundy 4ply. Unfortunately my photography skills are very limited, I am only able to point and click and download, so the colours are not brilliant.
The buttons are tiny cats, from a pack designed for card making!

Next up is something I am very excited about. I even stood up at the knitting group I go to and made sure everyone was aware of it!!

The main colour yarn is 1kg of Rowan big wool, which was crocheted and felted. Then the embelishments are made of wool collected from charity shops, again crocheted and felted then cut out and appliqued on the base. The backing is black cotton "recycled" from a dress I knew I'd never wear again, which I secured with bondaweb. I bound the edge with cotton braid from "Che Boyes". I was planning to use it as a bedside rug, ie in the "Cat free zone!". However, it might be too precious and be displayed on the wall for all to see. hehehe




Next up are some toys I've made for some children in Nigeria. Two crocheted dogs and a knitted monkey.




Finally I've taken some pics of purchases from the harrogate show a few months ago. I want to make a needle felted wall hanging with a sea theme with them.

Ive bought 2 pieces of merino needle punch felt,


Spaced Dyed Merino Wool Roving - Herb Garden,








Space Dyed Tussah Silk, Stormy Skies







Space Dyed Roving, Seascape





Nylon Sparkle










Space Dyed Tussah Silk- Sea Green




Phew, what a marathon. I hope you've not got too bored of my show and tell.
Hopefully It wont take me so long to post next time.
amore

1 Comments:

  • At 11:35 pm, Blogger Andria said…

    You've made some wonderful stuff! The toys are very cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home